General Application Changes
RANGE BAR CHART
Range Bar Chart is a new chart type which is based on a Bar Chart with a fixed price range for each bar. With the use of so-called phantom bars is it possible to avoid vertical gaps between the bar as well, see “Range Bar Chart” on page 138.
CUSTOM CURRENCY CONVERSION
To convert a symbol with a specific conversion it is now possible to configure a custom currency conversion. The settings for the custom currency conversion are available in the datafeeds settings, see “Currency and unit conversion” on page 501.
PRICE VOLUME PROFILE WITH POINT OF CONTROL AND VALUE AREA
The indicators which are based on the “Price Volume Profile” on page 637 now highlight the Point of Control with the highest volume and show the Value Area. The Value Area marks the columns where most of the volume is distributed, see “Price Volume Profile” on page 637, “Price Volume Profile Periodic” on page 640 and “Price Volume Profile Viewport” on page 642.
POINT AND FIGURE VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL TARGET TOOLS
The Point and Figure Vertical and Horizontal Target Tools draw price targets into a Point and Figure Chart to predict the stability of a trend or to confirm signals from other indicators or strategies. The tools are similar to the already existing indicators P&F Vertical and Horizontal Targets but are easy to add to a Point and Figure chart, see “Point and Figure Horizontal Target” on page 206 and “Point and Figure Vertical Target” on page 205.
FLOATING ALERT WINDOW
The alert window with the alerts triggered by
the application, indicators & tools and strategies can be opened now as a floating window. The alert window is duplicated into that floating window. The floating window can be positioned freely and can be shown up to ten times. The position and the size of a floating window is saved and will be restored, see
“Alerts” on page 319.
ONLINE EXTENSION REPOSITORIES
The online extension repositories are additional sources for new scripts for indicators or strategies, see “Using Indicators” on page 362 and “Using Strategies” on page 371. You can get scripts from Trayport Germany GmbH and additional you can set up your own on-site extension server, see ‘Tradesignal Options” on page 309. If there is a new version of one of your scripts available, the scripts will be highlighted by a yellow dot.
SAVE AND RESTORE WORKSPACE AND MONITOR LAYOUTS
In order to work with different layouts across multiple monitors, you can now save different layouts of open workspaces. So it is possible to create different layouts for office and remote working. You can save a new layout in the Layout Tab in the ‘Toolbar” on page 42. In the ‘Tradesignal Options” on page 309 under Personalize you can decide whether and which layout should be loaded on startup.
NEW FEATURES FOR SYMBOLS AND SYMBOL CHARTS
With the function DrawSymbol() it is now possible to draw your own image which is registered by GridRegisterlmage(). In addition, the border and fill colors of symbols and therefore also of symbol charts now support a translucency value. Furthermore the symbols in a symbol chart are now automatically scaled based on the width of a chart column.
APPROVED OVERVIEW FOR THE CORRELATION MATRIX
If symbols with a similar prefix like future contracts are added to a correlation matrix, the title columns can now be automatically shorted by removing the common prefix. In addition can the columns and rows now be sorted based on either the display name (the default) or the order of the items added. The new options are available in the properties of the correlation matrix, see “Correlation Matrix” on page 260.
IMPROVEMENTS FOR COMBINED SYMBOLS
Several improvements for combined symbols are part of the new version. In the editor it is now possible to define any field for each instrument as well as the custom session for the combined symbol.
In addition, a combined symbols in a specific chart can now be edited via the context menu of the legend and the changes are only applied to this instance. So it is possible to define a unique instance of a combined symbol with different sessions or fields which is only used in one specific workspace.
The new features can also be used to create daily candles which are not based on the official open and close but instead based on data during a specific intraday time range.
COPY AND PASTE SYMBOLS FROM TRAYPORT JOULE TO TRADESIGNAL
With the function Copy Live from Trayport it is quick and easy to copy symbols
from Joule to Tradesignal. Please just click on Paste to add the symbol to your
chart, watch list, scanner or portfolio.
The new indicators ‘Trade Depth” on page 694 and “Order Book Depth” on page 613 use the order book to analyze the bid and ask volumes. The indicator ‘Trade Depth” on page 694 plots histograms of bid/ask trades by volume for each candle. The indicator “Order Book Depth” on page 67 3 represents the order book on the Bid and Ask side, so it shows bid/ask volume up to a certain depth.
SIMPLIFIED PRODUCT LICENSING
The new method of Tradesignal licensing removes the manual insertion of computer- and time-bound license keys, saving the user and in-house IT considerable time and effort.
With this version, the user logs in with the Trayport account within Tradesignal to get approval for the product. Making it very easy for traders to use Tradesignal at different locations, such as at the trading desk and the home office.
- The new meta property OptimizerPresets specifies how an optimizer should be initialized by the script. The settings of the optimizer is specified by the Optimize attribute and input constraints. For a rerun of an optimizer with an override for the values, if specified, please use RequestOptimization, see the Equilla help for OptimizerPresets, Optimize and
- For a easier reference of symbols in a Equilla code symbols can be added now via drag and drop from the symbol list into the Equilla editor.
- It is now possible to capture variable declared in the same scopes for the use in the function for a later call with declaring them in a local functions using the Function keyword. Variable capture avoids having to pass the variable as an argument to the function in the traditional way.
- In the Equilla function List you can now use the full instrument specification like “[Period][FID][Unit][Currency]”.
- In order tweak the Equilla tick throttle are new setting available in the advanced options: Initial evaluation delay and Consecutive evaluation delay. They control the delay (in milliseconds) before a new sequence of ticks will trigger the initial Equilla evaluation and the subsequent evaluations for the same uninterrupted stream of ticks.
- The length of the Equilla script name is now extended to 80 characters.
- The new string constant SectionSign can be used to reference the silcrow character(§) in order to delimit inline instrument symbol names from instrument arguments.
- The ActiveSymbols keyword can be used to access all instruments from the current chart or portfolio.
- It is now possible to call inline functions from an outer block from within other inline functions.
- The Show input can now be used in watchlist, scanners and correlation matrix as well. In addition it shows a runtime error, if needed.
- The value Average Trade Net Profit per Share was added to the Performance Report, see “Performance Report” on
- The terminology concerning the server settings in Tradesignal is modernized and the servers are now called Primary and Secondary.
- User-defined continuations support now also Bid, Ask and
(where available) official close as fields.
- Only workspaces which are part of a package can be used with the function Publish to Office, see “Publish to Office” on page 335.
- The coefficient of determination R2 is shown in the scatter chart if the regression line is also active, see “Scatter” on page 663.
- The values in the value scale, scanners, watchlists and portfolios are now shown with a thousand separator which can be disabled in the properties.
- When a crossover between two filled area bars occurs, are the colors now blend.
- Non-tick intrabar conditional orders are now filled at the condition price during a backtest.
- A new option to force a recalculation of trades, when the evaluation order is changed, is added, see “Using Strategies” on page 371.
- For indicators that use global or trading statistics like Strategy Drawdown it is now possible to change the chart type.
- Tick and shares bars are now build from the earliest available tick data and adjusted to output history length. A reload in Tradesignal will not change the bars as much as before.
- A new option in the alert settings will auto-hide the pop-up after a short amount of time, see “Alerts” on page 319.
- When creating the support information the opened workspaces with the issue can be included in the support information with one click. The workspace has to be saved and focused, see “Using the Help Button” on page 29.
- For Teletrader are three new fields for pre- and post markets prices in watchlists and via the FieldO function available: F_ INDICATIVE_PRIC[ F _INDICATIVE_QTY and F _INDICATIVE_ PRICE_DATETIME.
- For Trayport is it now possible to access volume values for arbitrary fields like Bid and Ask.
- The embedded Python is upgraded to version 3.9.
Request your free trial now!